Yeah...it's true. I resigned from Copper Canyon High School--my first teaching job and the job I've had for the last seven years. It was a super hard decision, but ultimately it came down to the fact that I was that I was working a part-time job but I ended up working almost all day most of the week. It was more than I had in mind when I went part time. I wanted to spend more time with Noah and as it was, I was barely seeing him between the demands of the high school job and my community college job. So after a lot of discussion with family and friends, I resigned. Much to the dismay of my admin team. It was a right move for my family and they understood.
Don't fret, though...I'm not going to be so poor that I'm going to be asking you all for hand-outs. One of the reasons I was able to make this move was that I was offered a job teaching two days a week at Estrella Community College. I'm nervous and excited.
So good bye Copper Canyon and hello future! I will truly miss my friends at Copper (you know who you are), but I'll always be an Aztec at heart.
So good bye Copper Canyon and hello future! I will truly miss my friends at Copper (you know who you are), but I'll always be an Aztec at heart.


3 comments:
I'm sure this was a HARD decision for you. It's never easy to leave a place were you have developed strong relationships! However, I don't think you will every regret a decision that you make that you truly believe is the best for your husband and kid(s). Hurray for the new job opportunity!
wow heather! congrats on the big life changes! what will you be teaching? i'm excited for you.
Hi Pam,
I'll be teaching three levels of reading for the community college.
Post a Comment