Noah started preschool this week. He has been asking to go to "free-school" (I wish) for a while now. He was so excited and I was sooooo nervous.
The following questions kept racing though my head:
Will he do well...what if he doesn't do well????
Will he be friendly or scared?
Will he have fun?
Will he fight me every Tuesday and Thursday morning, not wanting to go back.
What if he hates it?
Will he listen?
Will he throw fits when he doesn't get what he wants?
Will he sleep?
Will he eat?
Am I going to be the parent who has the "teacher conference" the first week of school?
Are kids going to make fun of his hand? :(
Among others...
I know what you are thinking..."wow, you worry a lot..." I know. I wanted him to do well and love it, and the good news is that he did.
He said he liked school and his teacher said he listened and did everything she asked of him (yea!). He slept well (check), played well (check, check), and was very friendly with all the kids: AWESOME.
However,
he.did.not.EAT.
He wanted nothing to do with the salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn that was served (sounds good to me). Even after his teacher called the corn "God's candy" he refused to eat it. She said he cried though lunch. :( Now, me being the fantastic parent that I am, have decided that if he doesn't start eating on Tuesdays and Thursdays he's going to be really hungry come dinner time. I refuse to bring lunch for him. He is so picky and is never going to get over it if I bring him food.
Pretty sure he won't starve.
There was one "altercation" when Noah was curious about a little girl's blocks and he got "pushed" by her. He got his feelings hurt and needed a little love from his teacher.
I attempted to take some "first day of school" pictures but Noah was tired, and wasn't really wanting his picture taken...oh well, what's new!
Noah, mommy and daddy can't believe that you are such a big boy and we are so proud of you! Now, if we can only get you to eat.




2 comments:
im so glad it went (mostly) well! what a huge event!
haha. free school! love it.
Post a Comment