We took a family trip to San Diego at the end of May. David's mom accompanied us and we had a really nice time (well other than the fact that David was sick most of the time). We did so many activities that I'm going to have to blog about it in sections. Otherwise this would be the longest blog known to man. We bit-the-bullit and stayed right on the beach. It was so nice and convenient. Literally, we walked out of our hotel right onto the boardwalk on Pacific Beach. The weather was perfect; our accommodations couldn't have been nicer.
From the second we got there, Noah was ready. He had only been to the beach one other time when he was 18 months old. I'm not sure he remembers it, but we have pictures of him on the beach hanging in our dining room and he sees them all the time. I think they helped preserve the memory for him.
Heading out of our hotel to the beach. He was ready.
He did a lot of playing and exploring. He even stopped every-now-and-then to take in the scenery.
He got sand in every crevice he has, and he wasn't always very pleased about it. I guess that's what happens when you do summersaults in the sand.
Post sand clean-up at the hotel pool.
There was also lots of playing with Grandma Barbara.
My view wasn't so bad.
We discovered some interesting creatures and sand creations as well.
(I like to use this picture to prove that I was actually on the trip.)
We are ready to plan our next trip to the beach.

0 comments:
Post a Comment