Friday, July 15, 2011

Attack of the killer bees

Well, not really.  More like a big swarm of migrating bees trying to make a home somewhere in my backyard.  Either way, NO.GOOD.  Of course this huge swarm of bees decided to make a home in my lemon tree about 20 minutes before my guests for a play date arrived.  AWESOME.  I had spent hours getting my backyard ready for guests and had even paid my cousin and extra $30 to mow my lawn again that morning to clean it up (he had just mowed it 3 days before).  Oh well.  Thanks to my mom for allowing us to move over to her backyard.  After two days the bees hadn't left so I had to call the bee man to come and kill them.  Didn't want to, but he said in 3 months they would be Africanized and could kill someone.  No thanks.



15 minutes and $140 later, they were all dead.  

Side note: Can you believe that it cost $140?? He said it would have been $99 if he hadn't have had to get on a ladder--big ladder huh?  I can see how he might be risking his life on that one.

2 comments:

Team Gourley said...

I've heard of a ladder but never a "latter" before. lol

The Muns Family said...

yeah yeah...haha.

Post a Comment