You are six years old now and I can't believe it. You are so big and you amaze your daddy and me on a daily basis.
You are my sweet boy. Your sweet spirit shines when you tell me that you love me and respond to my requests with, "Yes, Mommy. I will do that for you." It is so sweet that it is almost comical. But I will take your over-the-top sweetness any day. You haven't grown out of showing affection, and I am so grateful. You never shy away from hugs and kisses. In fact, we have to talk about how affectionate we can be with friends. It is sweet. You love to hug your friends when you leave school, always having to pick them up (to show "how strong [you] are"), much to the dismay of your mother.
You are my little sleepy-head. Mornings are definitely not your favorite. I have to wake you up every morning (no matter what time you go to sleep) and if I didn't, you would sleep until 10:30 a.m. if I would let you. You are definitely your mother's son. Each morning when I wake you for school, you typically beg for "5 more minutes" of sleep. This doesn't bode well for the future teenage years. Once you do get up, you are slow moving and don't typically like to have breakfast right away. This makes getting out of the house by 7:20 a.m. very difficult, but we manage.
You are such a good helper. I frequently ask you to help me with the laundry, dog food, groceries, and picking up the house. You are pretty good about picking up after yourself. Sometimes I have to remind you to clear your place after you are finished eating, but you always do it as soon as I ask. You enjoy showing me how well you can pick up your playroom and how fast you can complete chores. And your teacher, Mrs. Guida, tells me that you always offer to help in your Kindergarten class too.
You have always been active, but you have become quite athletic this year. You still love swimming and have mastered swimming the length of an olympic sized swimming pool. You excel at free-style, and backstroke, and you are greatly improving your butterfly and breaststroke with each lesson. I enjoy watching you swim and the joy you get from it. This year you joined AYSO soccer. I wasn't sure how you would like it, but we wanted to see how you would do with it. Your first game was a mess. It was so hot and you were d.o.n.e. after the first five minutes. It was rough and we weren't sure whether you would want to keep playing. However, everything changed when you scored the first goal of the season. You were so excited and so were we. Since the start of the season you have grown so much. Now you are controlling the ball and blocking and say you can't wait until next season.
Other activities you enjoy are baseball, riding your quad, and riding your balance bike. Your ability to hit a baseball every.single.time., has really caused me to change my thought process on what sports you should play. You constantly prove to me that your hand will never hold you back. I think you might enjoy baseball more than soccer at this point. We bought you your first bicycle last Christmas. You got pretty good at is but I could tell that you were still super dependent the training wheels. Balance was not your strength. So we decided to get you a balance bike for your birthday. It took about two hours, but now you are pretty awesome on it. I am glad you enjoy sports and are good at them. Of course you know you are good too. I regularly hear, "Mommy, I'm getting very good at (insert activity here)." We are working on humility too. :-)
Your interests have stayed pretty consistent. The two Ds. Dinos and Drawing. You still love dinosaurs. LOVE.THEM. I can't believe that you haven't lost interest yet. You even told your teacher that you wanted to be a paleontologist or an archeologist when you grew up. I'm starting to believe it. You have started to branch out a bit from dinosaurs and also enjoy alligators, crocodiles, lizards, and other reptiles.
You have always been very independent but that independence has grown immensely this year. You want to do everything on your own. Things that used to be difficult for you, like putting on socks and opening candy wrappers, you now do with ease. You want to do things by yourself, but still aren't afraid to ask for help if you need it. You are such a big boy. After about a month of walking you to your Kindergarten classroom each morning, you asked if I would just drop you at the curb. You said you could get to class on your own. You don't know it, but this was a big deal and much harder for your mommy than it was for you. :-)
You are an amazing artist. In fact, at your first parent/teacher conference, Mrs. Guida said, "In my ten years teaching Kinder, I have never had child that can draw as well as Noah." She insists that you are going to be an illustrator when you grow up. Maybe she is right. :-)
You love school. You started Kindergarten this year and enjoy learning and have made all sorts of new friends. Although you are doing so well now, it wasn't always smooth sailing. In the first two weeks of school, you received your first three and last three (fingers crossed) "yellow cards" at school for playing too rough. We finally figured out that your new-found love for superheroes was causing you to get crazy on the playground. Once we established that you were not to play superheroes on the playground, you were fine.
Your academic skills have taken off this year, as well. You have mastered almost all reading skills for Kindergarden (and we are only half way through the year). You can sound out most simple short vowel sound words, and have a sight word vocabulary of about 30 words. You are also very good Math, but reading and writing are more of a strength of yours. You can count to 100 by 1s, 5s, and 10s. You easily became a member of the ABC and 100 club in your class. You love to show me how fast you can count to 100. You are pretty awesome at it.
Other exciting things that happened this year, that I didn't blog about because
You lost your first two teeth this year. Correction: you lost one and had another pulled at the dentist. It is sad when you ask your mom to have the dentist pull your tooth rather than have her yank on it every night. #parentfail
You won several coloring contests and were quite proud of your accomplishment.
You grew almost 4" this last year.
You attended your first broadway production, The Lion King. When I asked you what your favorite part was, you said, "I liked when the warthog pooted." Awesome.
You are still expanding your horizons with food but still won't eat normal things like, oranges, raisins, lettuce, tomatoes, etc.
Things that you especially love:
Church
Superheroes
Your quad
Playing outside
"Potty talk"--You think it is the funniest thing ever. Much to my dismay.
Doing projects with Grandma Marni
Painting
Riding the quad in the mountains
Being silly.
and many more things that I can't remember now.
Noah, we love you so much and we love the little boy you have become. We can't wait to see how you continue to grow over the next year.
Love,
Mommy and Daddy







0 comments:
Post a Comment