When we visited our friends the Gourleys over Halloween, we went to a local church fall festival. There was a kids' rock wall, and I will admit that as I watched Noah's little friend Carter climb the wall and listened to Noah beg me to do it too, I had one of those moments that I never want Noah to see--sadness over his disability (if you can call it that). My eyes filled with tears knowing that this was one of those things that Noah would not really be able to do because of his hand. It broke my heart because I knew how much he wanted to climb that wall just like Carter, and I wanted so desperately for him to to be able to climb it as well. I'm pretty sure that Grant and Ashleigh sensed that I was upset and they took it upon themselves to ask the operators of the wall if they thought Noah could do it and would they help him. They said absolutely. I should have known better than to think that this would be hard for Noah. Yes, he did get some help from his uncle Grant and me, but all and all, he climbed that wall like a rockstar.
This is my favorite smile...ever!
11 years ago









3 comments:
He WAS a rockstar. Seriously that kid has super-human strength and took it like a pro.
He also had a super awesome adopted aunt and uncle :) Thank you for that.
had = has
Post a Comment