Thursday, December 15, 2011

my parents

I am so grateful for my parents.  For many, living two doors down from their parents would not be on the top of their list of things to do, but for me, it is priceless.  I grew up living next door to my grandparents on my dad's side.  My relationship with them (past with my grandpa and present with my grandma) means more to me that I can describe.  I am so thankful that Noah will have that with his Grandma Marni and Papa.  


I love that:

**They want to have a huge part in his life**
**They never shy away from letting him come over, even when they are tired**
**They make it a point to see him every day**
**My mom plans crafts with Noah and works on his skills just as much as I do**
**My dad always takes time to let Noah "push the buttons" on the machines at the shop**
**My mom was Noah's care-giver two to three days a week since he was born until just this year when he started going to preschool**
**They have a calm sweet spirit with him**
**My dad is alway willing to stop watching his TV shows to watch something Noah wants to watch, 
  even if he has seen is 1000 times**
**They know Noah's likes and dislikes without having to be told**
**They can speak "Noah" just as well and sometimes better than David and me**
**They always are thinking of Noah first**
**They are constantly buying things for him**
**They help out with the cost of his school and pay for his tumbling class 
because they want only the best for him**
**They are willing to drop off or pick him up from school if need be**
**Noah would rather be at their house than his own--he is so comfortable there**
**I don't have to worry about him staying there when David and I are gone--when 
David and I went to  NY for six days he hardly noticed we were gone**
**They love him as much as he loves them**

...just to list a few...

Thank you mom and dad for all you do!  You are appreciated more than you know.


3 comments:

Erin (Just call me Mayhem) said...

So awesome. I love that Noah is growing up the same way we did.

Erin (Just call me Mayhem) said...

So awesome. I love that Noah is growing up the same way we did.

Team Gourley said...

Pure awesomeness!

Post a Comment