Sunday, December 25, 2011

In love with the little things

Merry Christmas, Noah.
As I sit here in the early hours of Christmas day, all I can think about is how excited you will be when you open your presents in the morning.  Not all that long ago, I was so concerned about what I was getting others for Christmas and what I would be getting too.  Now it is all about you, baby. I never thought I could love this holiday any more, but I do now that you are in my life and old enough to enjoy it too.



This year especially, I have fallen in love with the little things you do or say regarding Christmas.  I put up the tree (with lights only) and all the other decorations while you were napping one day.  I was not very motivated to do it, but when you came out of your room from your nap and saw all the lights and decorations you said, "Ohhhh! Thank you for my Christmas tree, Mommy!  Thank you for all the lights.  It's so pretty."  Worth.every.minute.I.spent.on.it.

I have tons of Christmas tree decorations, but this year, you decorated our tree.  It may not be the most fashionable tree in town, but I love it.  It has a little of everything on it: baby Jesus, the wise men, dinosaurs, snowflakes, a stuffed lion and monkey, and you even wedged a large bird stuffed animal back inside of it.  You said he needed to be on his nest.  Ok.







Going to look at Christmas lights is one of your favorite activities. In fact, I am not looking forward to Monday when all the lights start coming down and you beg me to take you to see lights.  You wish they would stay up year-round, and so do I.  You adore Christmas lights, and it is a good thing because I might go a bit overboard with them. :)






You learned "Jingle Bells" for your preschool program and can sing is amazingly well.  In fact, when you are asked to sing a song, it is your go-to song.  So sweet.

You decorated a gingerbread house and did a great job, even though the kit was a year old and the frosting wasn't working very well.  However, that miss adventure deserves a blog of its own, so more on that later.

I have seen the shows "Christmas Monkey" (Curious George Christmas), "Shaun the Sheep Christmas," and "The Christmas Dinosaur" way more times than anyone ever should because, to put it simply, YOU LOVE THEM.  That's fine; I don't mind.

Yesterday, you rode your tricycle around Papa and Grandma Marni's house and "delivered" toys alligators to us (isn't that what everyone wants for Christmas??).  This went on for an hour or so. You have an amazing imagination.



Most importantly, I love that when asked why we get presents on Christmas you reply, "It's God-Jesus' birthday."  You are very clear on this and recognize the baby Jesus quite easily (even if you call him God-Jesus).  I am so glad that you know the true meaning of Christmas, or at least you are starting to get it.  Don't get me wrong, you know who Santa is too and you know that he delivers toys, but that is not your focus.

Have a wonderful Christmas, my little man.  Mommy and Daddy love you very much.

Love,
Mommy and Daddy


0 comments:

Post a Comment