Sunday, February 23, 2014

Visit with Hazel

 So often, kids (and sometimes adults) feel strange or uncomfortable when visiting care facilities.  They lack exposure to elderly individuals.  I was lucky enough to spend my years at Grace visiting nursing homes with our choir.  I never felt uncomfortable around individuals in nursing homes.  Which worked out to my advantage when my Grandma Jerry lived in one after she got Alzheimers and I would spend hours visiting her.  

Meet Hazel.   Hazel is a sweet, sweet friend of Barbara's who lives in a local car facility.  I want Noah to have a heart for elderly just like I do.  He already spends tons of time with his 90 year old great grandma, but Hazel is different.  She is confined to a bed for the most part, but still sharp as a tack.  We all decided to pay her a visit and Noah drew pictures for her to hang in her room.  She was thrilled and Noah made a friend.


0 comments:

Post a Comment