Friday, April 22, 2011

So, you know when...

...your kid finds something on the ground and he thinks it is something that it isn't but you just play along to humor him?  Example:  Noah is always finding rocks and/or leaves that he thinks look like dinosaurs so we just play along and encourage his imagination.  

Well, a couple of weeks ago Noah found a small dirt/dust clump on the floor of my mom's house (how, I have no idea; her house is always spotless).  He insisted that it was a spider.  
The conversation went kind of like this:

Noah: Grandma look!  Spider.
Mom: (looking at it) Oh yeah, Noah.  Wow!
Noah: Papa, see a spider!!!
Dad: Wow, he's a baby spider, huh?
Noah: I take it home.

At this point my parents flick the dirt into a small plastic bag and give it to me to carry home for Noah.
It wasn't until I got halfway across their back yard and into the natural light that I discovered that Noah's "spider" actually.was.a.SPIDER (dead thankfully).



In our defense, it did look like a clump of dust from a distance.

Moral of the story:  We all need glasses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment