Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A night at the aquarium

Several weeks ago David and I took Noah to the fairly new aquarium at the local Wildlife World Zoo. We were the bad parents that had their son up at 9:00 p.m. to look at fish. We didn't intend for the evening to be so late but we decided to have dinner at the Tiburon restaurant (connected to the aquarium) and by the time we got to the aquarium part it was late. Little did we know that this was the best thing we could have done. It was a Sunday night and we were one of two groups of people in the restaurant. We sat right against a huge shark tank. Noah was thrilled.

At this point I find it necessary to inform you all of what Noah calls fish. "Poo." Yeah, I know, weird huh? He has ALWAYS called fish, poo, ever since he could first talk. I'm pretty sure he knows how to say fish perfectly well at this point but just refuses to do so. Anyway, thank the Lord we were one of only two in the restaurant because every time a shark or fish swam by Noah would yell, "More poo! More poo!" over and over and over again.

Once we went made it to the aquarium part we were literally the only ones there. It was nice not having to fight the crowds. I would suggest going at this time of the week/night to anyone who would like to enjoy a quite trip to the aquarium.

Ok back to this blog...these are not pictures of that visit to the aquarium. We, of course, forgot our camera on that trip. However, we did enjoy the outing so much that we decided to get season passes and these are pictures from our second trip. We went to dinner again and this time Grandma Barbara came with us.

Noah decided to try out a lemon for the first time. He might look like he is enjoying it but don't be fooled; this pose only lasted seconds. Wish I could have captured the face he made when he spit it out.

He looks like he is up to something sneaky doesn't he? He and the penguins must be plotting an escape.
This was the coolest little fish. I happened to capture this picture when he popped his head out of the whole he was digging by taking mouthfuls of rocks and spitting them out.
This is my favorite tank. I could spend an hour looking at it. It is filled mostly with seahorses but there are other types of fish as well. Can you spot the fish in the picture below?
The seahorses are amazing to watch.

The aquarium also has a sting ray petting pool. These sting rays are much better than the ones in Sea World. They are like dogs who want to be petted; you don't even have to have food.


And of course the white alligator. I still think he is stuffed. He never moves. Although he has gotten bigger over the years.

We can't forget the ugly fish.

The lion fish is my favorite.
These three otters were snuggled up for the night and bid us goodbye on our way out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment