I always thought that the 3D/4D ultrasounds were really creepy, but in light of the fact that we now know that the baby does not have a right hand it seemed like that might our best chance to see his/her hand before the birth. I really felt like I needed to know exactly what to expect. I want our baby's birth to be an exciting time and I don't want to be hung up on the "what-ifs." So, I scheduled a 3D ultrasound. I felt funny telling the tech that I didn't want to know the sex but just wanted to get a good look/picture of the baby's right hand (I went on to explain the situation). She totally understood and was more than willing to help. She did warn us, however, that if the baby's hand was down by his/her "parts" that I was going to have to decided what was more important to me--not knowing the sex, or seeing the hand. David and I decided that it was more important to see the hand and so we were willing to ruin the surprise. Thankfully we didn't have to because our baby cooperated perfectly! We got an amazing picture of his/her hand; a beautiful FULL forearm and five little baby fingers. We were soooo relieved. My dad speculates that it is a boy. I guess we will find out soon!



0 comments:
Post a Comment