Saturday, February 2, 2013

Nostalgic

I have so many things to blog about; I don't even know where to begin.  I'll get there.  In the meantime, I was attempting to back up all my photos to my external hard drive and found these videos of Noah from his 3rd birthday.  The first one was a thank you to his good buddy Carter for the present he sent him, and the second one is the first time Noah demonstrated that he knew all his ABCs.  What amazes me most about these videos is how little you can understand of Noah's speech in the first video.  It reminded me that he used to say "ah-tee" for "thank you" and that he consistently left the ending sounds off of words, yet he could still recognize and say every single letter of the alphabet.   Noah started speech therapy one month after these videos were shot and in two years time he was exited from speech because he was all "caught up."  I'm so used to his proper speech now.  Like how he says "may I" instead of "can I," like most kids (and adults), and how he can pronounce some of the craziest dinosaur names without even stumbling.  Don't get me wrong, we are still working on those "l" and "th"sounds.  But for the most-part, everyone can understand him.  It is only after looking at these videos that I realize just how far he has come.  It makes me even more proud of him than I was before.  








0 comments:

Post a Comment