Every year we try to visit the Gourley family in California at least twice a year. They added a new baby girl to their family this year so rather than all of us go, I visited without David and Noah back in September. Because of this, it had been a year since their little boy Carter and Noah had seen each other. Carter and Noah are only a month apart in age, and last year they were a little too young to actually enjoy playing with each other. This year, however, was another story. I had done my best to remind Noah of Carter throughout the year. We have a picture of the two of them in our house and I would always ask Noah who was in the picture with him. He always replied "That's Cau-dur." When we got in the car to head to California I told Noah we were going to see Carter. He was so excited. The whole way there all we heard was, "I go see Caudur. Caudur ride my bicycle (we took Noah's quad, which he calls his bicycle). I share with Caudur." We knew he was very excited about the idea of playing with Carter but we weren't sure how well they would actually play together; three-year-old-boys can be kind of unpredictable. The trip turned out to be a complete success. Noah and Carter were glued to each other. Noah only got Carter in a choke-hold once. =)
Some of the weekend's activities included:
Posing for pictures (unsuccessfully, I might add),
Playing in a fountain,
riding toys at the park,
enjoying a Chinese dinner out with friends (Mr. Dinosaur even joined us),
and getting clean after a day of fun. FYI: The bathtub was the site of the infamous choke-hold.
We did get one absolutely adorable picture of Carter and Noah that pretty much sums up how these boys feel about each other.
Thank you, Gourley family, for a fun and relaxing weekend. Here's hoping that our boys become as close friends as we are.






0 comments:
Post a Comment